Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Social for Startups
Friday, January 11, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
San Francisco, CA
Social for Startups
Friday, January 11th, 2013
9:00am to 5:00pm
Learn how to tell your story with digital platforms.
This Intensive Course will enable you to make smarter decisions about your online presence, maximizing your limited human and financial resources to achieve maximum market disruption.
By the end of the Bootcamp, you will know how to efficiently gather product and user data using simple existing tools that track and compile interest in business activity. Those who attend will leave with sample case studies of successful integration of marketing and online campaigns as well as social media marketing and campaign planning tools.
*This course is offered separately from, but is optimal when taken in conjunction with the Startup Finance Bootcamp & Legal Bootcamp for Social Entrepreneurs. Discount available for registering for all three courses in our Entrepreneur's Bootcamp Series.
- Community Building through Social Media, including IFTTT
- Campaign planning, including product releases
- Publishing Original Content
- How to use networks appropriately: LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Eventbrite
- Effectively reaching customers and project partners
- Basic tools to rapidly scale
- Measuring efficacy and social outcomes
This course will also cover shared economy resources and techniques, including crowdfunding, meetups, corworking spaces, taskrabbit, Odesk, TechShop, innovation labs and WorkList.
Who Should Attend:
- Entrepreneurs seeking rapid growth and exposure for their business across multiple networks and business sectors
- Public officials and business managers who are seeking to tap into the power and potential of rapidly evolving digital communities; interfacing these resources with localized needs and resources
- Anyone who wants to understand how business, social and ‘third-place’ media platforms can be harnessed to function as greater than the sum of their parts, interlacing networks to expand exposure and institutional effectiveness
About the Instructor:
Social strategy advisor and speaker, Evonne Heyning serves as lead for communications at the Center for Greater Good and co-founding partner at Eddefy, producing useful tools for lifelong learning together. In San Francisco and Los Angeles she aligns global nonprofits, startups and technology media hubs crafting solutions with their dynamic communities. Her first startup, Toyshoppe Systems, builds dreams into reality for major film and television projects, engineering robots to spaceships with R&D facilities connecting digital inventions across our global network.
Evonne is an artist of social architecture, specializing in translating collective intelligence through the lens of compassion. She consults on community engagement and teaches participatory storytelling beyond borders, crowdsourcing solutions as a key to open efficient systems. In the last 15 years she has produced campaigns across every major form of media from curriculum and live events to interactive transmedia games with learning economies.
Find her @amoration and tell her about your favorite chocolate or meditation practice.
Classes will be held at:
The HUB San Francisco
901 Mission St, Suite 105
San Francisco, CA 94103
General Admission: $190
HUB members & Presidio Students & Alumni: $100
For more information, contact Isa Dyer, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-561-9622.
When & Where
Presidio Graduate School
Presidio Graduate School educates and inspires a new generation of skilled, visionary and enterprising leaders to transform business and public policy and create a more just, prosperous and sustainable world. Through innovative professional degree, executive certificate and research programs, Presidio activates students and professionals across a range of disciplines, industries and sectors to bridge the gap between commerce and the common good. To learn more, visit www.presidioedu.org.